- Analysis, predictions for high school football playoffs this week
- Rodenberg resigns from coaching job at Moeller High School football
- High school football playoff takeaways from Week 12 in Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky
- Nine NKY volleyball players earn all-state status; updated football pairings announced
- High school playoff takeaways from Week 11 high school football in Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky
The Northern Kentucky Football Coaches Association released its 2017 all-star teams this week.
Covington Catholic, who has been dominant all season in posting a perfect 11-0 record going into round two of the Class 5A playoffs, had six first-team selections on offense and five on defense.
CovCath QB A.J. Mayer was named first team at quarterback. The area’s top three rushers, seniors Jake Chisholm (Ryle), Alex Dowds (Campbell County) and Justin Blackburn (Ludlow) were first team at running back. Chisholm finished with 2,315 yards and 33 touchdowns on the ground. Blackburn, Ludlow’s QB, rushed for 2,116 yards and 35 TDs, and threw for 1,190 and 14. Dowds has rushed for 1,620 yards and 20 touchdowns and will play in round two of the 6A playoffs this Friday at Trinity.
Here’s the full list:
First team offense
QB — A.J. Mayer (CovCath). RB — Jake Chisholm (Ryle), Alex Dowds (Campbell County), Justin Blackburn (Ludlow).
First team defense
DL — Michael Mayer (CovCath), Adam Derry (Beechwood), Tanner Lawrence (Campbell County), Jack Maile (CovCath).
Second team offense
QB — Matt Shearer (Simon Kenton). RB — Casey McGinness (CovCath), Travon Mason (Lloyd), Kyle Kelly (NewCath).
Second team defense
DL — Tahj Elmore (Ryle), Bradley Turner (Lloyd), J.J. Courtney (Simon Kenton), Nate Davis (Highlands), Jameel Jones (NewCath), Treyvon Nash (Simon Kenton).
Covington Catholic football leads NKY all-region honorees have 201 words, post on www.cincinnati.com at 2017-11-14 17:57:21. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.